I like to shop at the local farmers markets so I get the freshest produce that is grown in the season. I make a meal plan according to what I find at the market. I find it a fun experience picking out from the bins of great looking veggies, which of course makes me hungry. I start thinking what recipes that I can cook or grill. These are some of the seasonal veggies:
2. Peppers (in lots of colors, good for grilling)
3. Eggplant (good for grilling)
7. String beans
10. Swiss chard
I like to make Ratatouille which is a french dish. It's a one pot vegetarian dish that's so delicious and it uses a lot of seasonal veggies!
Ratatouille over Brown Rice Pasta
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic chopped
1 egg plant peeled and cubed
2 zucchini cut into cubes
2 large fresh tomatoes chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil or fresh chopped and 1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon sea salt and pepper
1 bag of brown rice pasta
1. Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 min
2. Add all veggies and spices cover and simmer until tender about 20 min.
3. Boil pasta while veggies are cooking for 8 to 10 min.