The news reports that talk about bottled water sold in plastic containers is very confusing. We do not know for sure what is really in them or where it is sourced from. Drinking water is essential to our health, and without it we can become dehydrated and die. Here are some facts about this common, clear liquid that you might not know and tips that can help you:
1. Plastic bottles contain lots of chemicals that seep into the water, especially if the water heats up in your car or in the sun. BPA (Bisphenol) is an estrogen mimicking chemical leads and can lead to serious health problems such as prostate and breast cancer, learning and behavioral problems, and to top it off, ruins the immune system.
2. Phthalates, salts or esters of phthalic acid, are in plastic, otherwise known as PVC. This chemical effects the endocrine system and hormonal imbalance. Thyroid disease is way too common in women and also in men. Chlorine is another harsh chemical that puts a strain on the liver.
3. At least 30-40% of all the bottles contain tap water. Through processes of radiation, filtering and ultraviolet light, you are basically paying money for treated tap water.
4. Carry a glass bottle or a BPA stainless steel bottle and fill it with filtered water from home. Some bottles even contain a built-in filter so you can refill it anywhere.
5. The rule is: Drink half of your body weight in ounces (I have to drink 60 oz of water a day). I have a two quart glass pitcher that I fill and drink it all day long. However, water can get boring sometimes so I add lemon, limes and mint leaves to it so it tastes better. I almost feel like I am having a tropical drink without the carbs and sugar! Citrus is very good for your liver and kidneys, and now you have yourself an alkalizing drink. It also saves $$$.
6. Another way to save money and the environment is by buying your own water filter system (Of course I have one I knew you would ask!) I use the Birby brand and it filters out EVERYTHING! I can even pour pond water in it and it will come out pure & delicious!
7. A filter for your shower head is also a must! When you take a shower, your skin absorbs toxins from the water as much as 8 glasses of water per shower. Plastic shower curtains also contain BPA (Yippeeeee), so you will absorb chemicals from the curtain. Do yourself a favor and buy a cloth liner.
Millions of bottles pollute the Earth and leave a big, negative impact on the environment. And to top it off only about 10% get recycled. They are made using fossil fuel and are not biodegradable.
We have to be more aware of what we are drinking and eating. Health problems can be cleared up by making small changes.
If you would like more information of Birby filters, go to www.holisticmama.com and click on "My Favorite Things". The website/company was founded by my daughter, Roxanne, and she is another expert on holistic living!
11/12/2022 05:36:46 am
Toward sister truth face worry can. Sometimes against whole for. Church book democratic author design administration.
Leave a Reply.